The Best Lawn Mower 2017: Reviews and Rating
Let me ask you one thing: How can you live a happy life without a good lawn mower? It’s simply not possible. That’s why I’ve released this post with a listing of the best lawn mower 2017 has to offer.
What can feel better than cutting the grass of your garden smoothly with the help of your efficient, powerful and elegant lawn mower? There are great pleasures in life, and this is one of them.
The problem is that finding a great lawn mower is not so easy. You need to check lots of products and the reviews for each one, and that’s quite annoying.
But don’t worry, because I’ve solved this problem for you. On this page you are going to find the top-picks for this 2017. You won’t have to waste your precious time any longer! Because right now you have the best lawn mowers for this year in the same place!
First off, let’s start by checking this useful buyer guide.
Buyer Guide: How to Find the Best Lawn Mower 2017?
You need to know that there are three types in the market:
The question is: which one should you choose? In order to help you with this, I will explain you the advantages and disadvantages of each type of mower. Let’s start by reviewing the manual-reel mower.
If you are an old-school man, then this might be your perfect pick. Because the unique thing you need to move it and make it cut the grass of your garden is the strength of your muscles. Nothing more than that. If you want to feel very manly, then this is mower you must get. On top of that, it’s a great way to stay in shape.
- No pollution. If you are an environmentally-conscious person, then you should consider buying a mower of this type, because it doesn’t generate any kind of pollution.
- Affordable price. In comparison to modern options, a manual-reel mower is more affordable. If you want to save some or many dollars, then this may be your best pick.
- Pretty quiet. Another good feature about these mowers is that they are pretty quiet. If you cannot stand a lot of noise, then this may be the solution for you.
- In comparison to other more-modern models, it’s a lot safer to use.
- Even though you won’t get a full workout out of this, it’s for sure a great way to stay in shape.
- Bad for tall grass. Cutting grass taller than 1 inch and half with this type of mower can be real tough job. It’s not very efficient for tall grass.
- Extra effort. It’s evident, with this option you will have to put some extra work.
- No bag. You will have to collect the cut grass on your own means.
- More blade sharpening and adjustment
- Not advisable for large and big lawns
Normally these are powered by either gas or electricity. They make things easier for you, since you don’t have to solely rely on your strength to make it work. The electricity-powered ones come equipped with a battery or a cord that can be plugged to your nearest electrical outlet.
On the other hand we have the gas-powered ones. As the name clearly implies, you need to put gas in them to use them. But you will be happy to know that these have a powerful 4-cycle engine which usually comes with a power of 160-190 cubic centimeter displacement.
Now it’s time to check the pros and cons for this kind.
- Efficient for almost every type of lawn. Here you will be able to cut a large lawn without problems, this is where it’s superior to the manual-reel version. Making it perfect for most lawns.
- It can handle thick grass and weed without problems.
- The electric version, just like the manual-reel, doesn’t produce any kind of pollution.
- It automatically fills the bag, so you don’t have to do the hard work on your own.
- The gas powered-version is not eco-friendly.
- They can be very noisy, especially the gas-powered mower.
- The gas-powered mower requires regular maintenance, which includes changing the oil and tune-ups.
Just like the self-propelled ones, you can also find gas or electricity powered mowers under this section.
And similarly to our previous category, the gas version of this mower also has a nice 4-cycle engine, with a great 140-190-cubic-centimeter displacement, which is quite powerful as we have previously seen.
On the other hand we have the electric models, which unlike their gas-powered counterpart, use a cord plugged to an electric outlet to work. And they do not have a 4-blade engine, but a system that cuts the grass with the help of a rotating blade.
- Just like self-propelled mowers, these can also handle most types of lawns, which includes very thick and tall grass or weeds.
- It doesn’t require much physical effort.
- The electric model doesn’t produce emissions, making it environment-friendly.
- Most of these mowers come with a helpful rear bag, which will take care of collecting everything you cut.
- Gas version is very noisy, even more than the self-propelled one. And also produces emissions.
- Again, the gas version requires regular maintenance which includes scheduled oil changes and regular tune-ups in order to work well.
So these are the three principal types of mowers. On the following part of this article we are going to check the best lawn mowers for 2017, so you can select the one that betters fits your budget and your needs!
Just keep into account that I’m not including manual-reel options. Why? Because they are not so good, they cannot handle large lawns and require quite a bit of strength to manage them well.
Lawn Mower Reviews List
- GreenWorks 25022: The Best Budget Option
- GreenWorks 25302 G-MAX Twin Force: The Cordless Champion!
- Troy-Bilt WC33: The Titan
GreenWorks 25022 Review: The Best Budget Option
You don’t have a lot of money yet want to get an awesome lawn mower? Then you should not worry too much about it, because here you have the fabulous GreenWorks 25022! Which will bring you the power that’s needed for a smooth and efficient mowing!
In short, let’s review the pros and cons for this product, so we can later move on into a more complete review of this item.
- Excellent price. For less than $150 this is the best you can get, that’s why it’s our best budget option. And what I like about it is that it doesn’t cut corners anywhere. It delivers a tremendous value regardless of its cheap price tag.
- Very quiet. If you hate noisy lawn mowers, then you will love how silent the GreenWorks 25022 is.
- Generous extra-wide cutting deck (20 inches). One of the most important aspects of any mower out there.
- Environmentally friendly. Unlike other mowers this one doesn’t produce emissions.
- Super light-weight and easy to use. If you want a mower that requires little to zero in terms of physical effort, then this one is the perfect fit for you.
- Can handle most lawns with excellent performance.
- It’s kind of limited by the power cord. This can be an issue for some people.
- Can handle most lawns, yet you may experience some problems with very tall grass. But that’s nothing too bad, just a few complications like extra time mowing.
- It’s great yet not so durable. With proper maintenance and care it can last for many years, but it’s not exactly designed to last for a long time.
So far now you should have a clear idea on what this mower can offer. Now it’s time to dive into the full review for this item.
We need to highlight this fact: it’s very quiet and produces no emissions. The GreenWorks 25022 is the perfect choice for the environmentally-friendly man who’s running on a tight budget. It allows you to get the job done but without damaging the environment.
You will also be able to forget about that annoying and stressing noise. You don’t want your sweet and even relaxing mowing time be ruined by noise, that’s frustrating. But if you decide to pick this budget-friendly option, then you won’t have to deal with it.
Now it’s time to talk about its performance. This electric balk-behind mower doesn’t cut corners, which is a typical trait in cheap options for this product. The cutting deck is extra-wide, and this is excellent, because it means you can cut your lawn in a much shorter time, because the mower is capable of covering a much bigger area.
The cutting deck is 20-inch wide, which is quite surprising for a mower within this price range. This incredible feature will allow you to finish the mowing 25% faster than if you used a mower with a smaller cutting deck.
Can you see the bigger picture here? For less than $150 you get a great lawn mower which will get the job done very fast, so you can spend your time with your family or doing what you love. Wouldn’t you like to experience this? Then the GreenWorks 25022 is the key you need to open that door!
Another excellent feature of this product is that it comes with seven height adjustments which will allow you to achieve the PERFECT cut. These 7 positions go from 1 ½ inches to 3 ¾ inches, which is quite incredible for a mower within this price. So now you can customize your mowing with these helpful height adjustments.
And finally it comes with excellent grass management clippings options. Unlike other budget-friendly options, the GreenWorks 25022 comes integrated with three integrated grass management clippings options:
- Standard Side Discharge
- Use the mulching kit to reduce the clippings to little pieces
- Use the rear bag for the collection of the clippings
As you can see it’s an excellent option. The unique downsides is that it’s not so durable and may be kind of limited in range because of its electric cord, but even there you can move up to 100 feet around the electric outlet, and this is something you can easily fix with an electrical extension. So with the help of this inexpensive gadget you can bring your GreenWorks 25022 a great improvement in range!
I recommend you buy this one if you are running in a tight budget. Click on the button below and make it yours TODAY!
GreenWorks 25302 G-MAX Twin Force Review: The Cordless Champion!
Now it’s time to talk about this excellent mower by GreenWorks. Just a moments ago we have seen the best budget-friendly option which is coincidently produced by the same brand.
On this occasion we are going to review this awesome cordless option. If you are looking for an excellent electric lawn mower, then you have to come with me as I review it for you. Let’s check the pros and cons very quickly:
- Unlike the 25022, the G-MAX isn’t limited by the cord. You can take it as far as you want as there are not limitations in the range.
- Two electric motors for outstanding performance. No lawn will be a problem for you, especially when your mower is equipped with 10-inch blades…
- High-capacity battery. A common problems with options of this kind is the capacity of the battery, but with the G-MAX you get up to 2 hours of clean, smooth and powerful mowing. And to make it even better: you can fully charge the battery in as little as 1 hour!
- Extra-wide deck. Just like the previous mower, this one also comes with a generous and extra-wide cutting deck, which as you know, will make things a lot easier for you.
- Lightweight, compact and easy to use. If you want a powerful yet versatile and easy-to-use mower, then here you have the perfect fit for you.
- Excellent height adjustment range. Just like the 25022, here you also get this awesome feature which allows you to get the perfect cut.
- Similar to its 25022 brother, this one takes longer time in thick-grass areas or where the grass is tall. The same applies if in the area to mow there are thick and tall weeds.
- You will need to replace the battery after 1-2 years of usage. It can last more than that, but with regular use you should expect to replace it after 1-2 years.
I have not been able to find any more cons. Which means that it’s an awesome product. Now let’s take a look to the detailed review, so you can decide if it’s a good purchase for you or not.
An incredible lawn mower with a sweet performance. First off, the cutting desk has the perfect size, because it allows you to cover a great area, so you can get your mowing done in a timely manner. So if you want more time with your family and favorite activities, the G-MAX by GreenWorks is a perfect choice for you.
Ten-inch blades, a 20-inch cutting desk and a great power is all you need to give your lawn the mowing it deserves. On top of that, it’s pretty light-weight and easy to use, so you can manage all this power without sweating a drop!
Thanks to the height lever, which has a range of 1 -3/8 to 3 3/8 inches, you can give your grass the PERFECT cut. In many senses it’s pretty similar to the GreenWorks 25022 but clearly superior. So we can say the G-MAX Twin Force is a cordless super-charged version of the 25022.
And now it’s time to talk about the battery. In order to make it last for a whopping 2 hours, this walk-behind mower uses a cutting-edge patented Smart Cut power saving technology. This allows the battery to walk for a lot longer. On top of that, it’s also incredible for customizing the rotating speed of the 10-inch blades, which is very helpful depending on the type of grass you intend to mow.
All in all it’s an excellent option. It has a very nice performance thanks to its 20-inch cutting desk, Smart Cut technology and 10-inch blades, all you need to mow your lawn a lot faster than with other machines.
You just need to remember that you will need to change the battery every 1-2 years, so keep that in mind.
In conclusion I can say it’s an excellent option which is sold by an affordable price. If you want to check it out then click the button below:
Troy-Bilt WC33 Review: The Titan
And well, if you are looking for some serious power, then here you have the titan option of this list: The Troy-Bilt WC33! This one is very special because it’s a walk-behind mower but with the features and performance of a riding one.
Now let’s go and check the pros and cons for this product:
- Finish The Mowing FAST with its 33” Cutting Desk. This is a very important feature for a smooth and powerful performance.
- A super strong 420cc OHV engine for a super powerful performance. If you need serious power, then you need the TB WC33, because it has the engine you really need.
- Perfect for all types of lawns. It doesn’t matter what kind of lawn you have, with this bad boy you can handle them all!
- No more problems with tall grass. Are you sick of not being able to cut tall grass properly? Then with the TB WC33 these days will be OVER!
- Easy to use, no more headaches. It comes with a nice electric start, which means you won’t have to pull. Only turn the key just like in a car and you are good to go!
- Nice grass clippings management options. You can either side-discharge or use the mulching kit to reduce it to little pieces. Optionally, you can purchase a bad for it.
- It’s heavy, quite a bit. Around 323 pounds or 146.5 KG. But don’t worry, it’s very easy to use so this won’t be much of an issue.
- It’s gas-powered, so it’s not the most environmentally-friendly option out there.
Just 2 cons. This walk-behind mower is so great that there not so negative things I can say about it. Now let’s check the full review for this product.
Troy-Bilt has created this mower with one thing in mind: give it the performance of a riding lawn mower. The WC33 has a powerful 420cc OVH engine, which will give you a much better performance than most mowers out there.
The cutting-deck width is also very generous at 33 inches… 33! If with the GreenWorks 25022 and its 20-inch wide cutting-deck you could mow 25% faster, imagine how fast you can go with the WC33 and its superior OVH engine and its extra-wide 33-inch cutting deck. Just imagine it!
So I can say that this option is the real time saver. It will cut the grass in a bliss, so you can have more time to enjoy with your family, hobbies, friends or any other thing that’s more interesting than mowing your garden. But don’t worry, because thanks to the WC33 by TB, this activity will never be boring again!
And of course, it can handle all type of grass and lawns. A large lawn with tall grass and thick weeds? That’s not a problem for the WC33 by TB. You will transform that ugly lawn to a beautiful one in a bliss!
It’s very simple to use. The OVH engine can be activated easily thanks to its electric start. Just use the key and you are good to go. And don’t worry, it’s powerful yet you will be able to control it without problems.
And the grass clippings management options are very cool. You can either opt for a nice side-discharge, or you can use the mulching kit in order to transform the clippings into a very little small pieces. I just wish it came with a bagger, but well, everything on this world cannot be that perfect…
From this list it’s the real Titan, the most powerful walk-behind mower. If you have come to this point, it’s because you need a real power-house solution, and here you have it. It has a lot of advantages: excellent OVH engine, extra-wide cutting desk but the most important is that it will mow ANY type of lawn without problems in a fast manner.
Just remember to buy an additional bagger in case you want to use one, because it doesn’t come included with the WC33. But hey, it’s just a little disadvantage for such a great mower!